Friday, August 3, 2012

Diner- The Red Wagon

Finally stopped by The Red Wagon with some friends for brunch.  Loved it so much I went back for lunch the week after and had the same thing.
Location:  2296 East Hastings Street  Vancouver, BC V5L 1V4
Phone: (604) 568-4565
Link to website: http://www.redwagoncafe.com/
we sat at the bar
The place is kinda cramped and small...reminds me of a dirtier version of Save on Meats.  Well perhaps like a Save on Meats prior to renovations..lol..but it is diner food..no biggie.

Food was delicious and I am definitely going back to try the eggs benedict.  First visit I had the Super Trucker- 2 eggs(sunny side up), potatoes, toast, pan fried pork belly, pancake with pulled pork and optional Jack Daniels syrup.  My friend had the same but with scrambled eggs.  My other friend had pancakes and sausages.  
place settings
friends Super Trucker with scrambled eggs
other friend's pancake and sausage
My Super Trucker with sunny side up eggs
The second visit I had 2 eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast with a side order of pork belly! My bf chose the Super Trucker..lol YUmmmmmMMmm
sunny side up eggs, toast, bacon and potatoes
side of pork belly
bf's Super Trucker with Jack Daniel's syrup
I do recommend this restaurant if have not tried it yet.  Remember to go early if you do, as line ups start half an hour after the restaurant opens.  ;)

Let me know how you like it!

-Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment