Happy St.Patrick's Day! Green green green!
It was suppose to be a swiss roll BUT I used the incorrect pan and it was too thick...when I rolled it..it broke..haha..I ended up cutting it up smaller and sandwiching them! It was still yummy!
This cake requires no oil whatsoever! It is light and fluffy...very very moist and delicious!
Recipe I used:
Matcha Roll Cake
¾ cup cake flour
2 tablespoons matcha powder
¾ teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs, separated
¾ cup sugar
2 - 3 tablespoons milk
Filling: beat 2 cups heavy cream until almost stiff, add 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together flour, matcha, and baking powder 3 times, set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks until very light. Add sugar gradually and beat until light. Add flour mixture, stir on low speed. Add 2 tablespoons milk, continue stirring until mixed.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spread mixture on a parchment paper-lined jelly roll pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Trim edges. Using paper as guide, roll cake from short side, leave on a rack to cool completely. Unroll cake, spread the whipped cream. Re-roll cake, peeling paper as you roll. Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing.
|Sifting the matcha and flour|
|Beating the egg whites!|
|Folding the egg white into the wet ingredients|
|All folded in!|
|In the oven you go!|
|Excuse the holes, I didnt want it over done and I jabbed it a few times to see if its done|
|Ready to start spreading the red bean|
|Red bean paste|
|Started to spread the red bean paste|
|I squeezed some more out..looks like poop! LOL|
|All done and ready to roll..but failed so I made sandwiches/cake|
|3 layer matcha green tea sandwich/cake with red bean filling|
|Lookie all the baby sandwiches!|
|Bf happily eating the baby matcha green tea sandwiches/cake|